Well, you cleaned out the refrigerator this time.
你把冰箱里的东西都吃光了。
A: Well, you cleaned out the refrigerator this time.
你把冰箱里的东西都吃光了。
B: I'm sorry for that, but I was starving.
我非常抱歉,但我当时都快饿去世了。
refrigerator n.电冰箱
starve v.饿得要死
clean out清除,清空
So what? There is even worse.
那又如何?还有比这更乱的呢。
A: Our friends will be here at any time and the room is in a mess.
朋友们随时会来,可屋里这么乱。
B: So what? There is even worse.
那又如何?还有比这更乱的呢。
We still have some.
大家还有一点的。
A: We still have some. Where did you put it on earth?
大家还有一点的。你到底把它放什么地方了?
B I threw it away.
我把它扔了。
When was the last time we dusted the room?
大家近期一次大扫除是什么时间。
A: Look at the mess! When was the last time we dusted the room?
看看这儿又脏又乱!大家近期一次大扫除是什么时间。
B: I can't remember.
我想不起来了。
Oh, I feel like a limp noodle.
噢,我都要累趴下了。
A: Oh, I feel like a limp noodle.
噢,我都要累趴下了。
B: Look, our room has taken on a new look.
看,大家的房间真的是焕然一新。
limp a. 柔软的,易曲的
Here we go again.
你又来了。
A: I do wish you wouldn't use up all the hot water.
期望你别把热水都用完。
B:Here we go again.
你又来了。
use up用光,耗尽
I'm coming to the end of my patience.
我的忍耐已经到了极限。
A: I'm coming to the end of my patience.
我的忍耐已经到了极限。
B:What's that?
如何了?
come to the end of指到了的终点,极点。
Janet, turn down the TV. I'm on the phone.
简,电视开小点声,我正在打电话呐。
A: Jane, turn down the TV. I'm on the phone.
简,电视开小点声,我正在打电话呐。
B: But I can't hear the TV if I turn it down. Your voice is too loud.
可如果关小声了我就听不见了,你说话的声音太大了。
If you can't enjoy that at a sensible volume, please use earphones.
假如你不喜欢轻一点的音量,请你用耳机听。
A: Hey, if you can't enjoy that at a sensible volume, please use
earphones. I'm thinking about some problems.
嘿,假如你不喜欢轻一点的音量,请你用耳机听。我正在考虑问题。
B: Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize it was bothering you.
哦,不好意思,我没意识到打扰你了。
volume n. 音量
earphone n. 耳机
I'll second that. That really is the limit!
的确是如此。简直忍无可忍!
A: Those people hanging out next door are
so noisy.隔壁那些家伙可真够吵的。
B: I'll second that. That really is the limit!
的确是如此。简直忍无可忍!
second v.赞成,支持
limit n. 限度,极限
hang out居住,闲逛,鬼混
This room is so stuffy. I can hardly breathe.
这里的空气太污浊了,我呼吸都困难。
A: This room is so stuffy. I can hardly breathe.
这里的空气太污浊了,我呼吸都困难。
B: I guess it's because of the dirty socks of Jimmy.
我想那时由于吉米的脏袜子。
stuffy a. (室气)不新鲜的
hardly ad. 几乎不
His indifferent attitude irritates me.
他漫不经心的态度真的让我非常生气。
A: Maybe he didn't do it on purpose.
可能他不是故意弄成如此的。
B: But his indifferent attitude irritates me.
但他漫不经心的态度真的让我非常生气。
indifferent a. 冷漠的,不关心的
attitude n. 态度
irritate v.惹恼,激怒
on purpose故意