通常来讲,企业的高层领导因为事务繁忙,与中层主管或职员交流的机会极少,而且谈话的时间不长。因此,在与领导谈工作时,要尽管言简意赅,尽量为他节省时间,同时还要把息的看法说了解。
A: Jane, the meeting is scheduled from 2:00 this afternoon. Have you made the necessary arrangements?
简,大家计划在下午两点钟开会,你都安排好了吗?
B: Yes, Mr. Smith. We'll use the conference room on the second floor for the meeting.
安排好了,史密斯先生。大家将用二楼的会议室开会。
A: That's right. The meeting is very important. Where shall the guests be received before the meeting begins?
非常不错,这个会议非常重要。开会前大家在哪儿接待来宾?
B: In the dining room. It's spacious1 there.
在餐厅吧,那里比较宽敞。
A: We'll have several foreign guests to attend the meeting.
大家还会有几位外宾来参加会议。
B: I've arranged for an interpreter to be present. But it is said these foreigners could speak English.
我已经安排了一位口译员,不过我听说这类外宾都会讲英语。
A: Really? I'll also try to speak slowly. How would you arrange the guests' seats, Jane?
是吗?不过,我还是会讲慢一点,你如何安排来宾就座呢,简?
B: We've prepared name cards to be put on the conference table for guests to sit by. What time would you like refreshments2 served, Mr. Smith?
大家已经筹备了名字卡片放在会议桌上,让来宾按此就座。你期望在什么时间提供点心,史密斯先生?
A: Well, after my report, there'll be an interval3 for rest and refreshments.
哦,就在我做完报告后的休息时间提供点心吧。
B: All right, I see.
好的,我了解了。